Funds for Research 2018
The Faroese Research Foundation funds research and research driven innovation projects connected to the Faroe Islands.
The Research Foundation receives a yearly funding from the Faroese government.
Grants may be given to
- Faroese researchers and research students
- research and development at or connected to Faroese research institutes and commercial enterprises
- research and development which have significance in the Faroese context.
Various types of projects can receive grants
- PhD projects
- post grad or post doc projects which span several years
- smaller projects with shorter time scales
- research project which include industrial R&D
It is required that
- at least one third (1/3) of the total cost is funded by others than the Faroese Research Council. Exceptions can be made in special cases.
It is an advantage that
- the project includes cooperation with several researchers
- the project includes cooperation between researchers, research environments and commerce
Funding through the Research Council is allocated once a year. The application deadline is mid February.
Links to the full description on the application procedure and application form and guidelines for download are available on this page.
In 2017 we received 42 applications. The available grant sum is 7.5 mill. DKK
The 2018 application deadline is on the condition that the Løgting will grant fund for the Research Foundation.