Work Life Research
Research Council Faroe Islands offers funding for research projects on work life in the Faroe Islands. Funded projects must be of gain to the future labour market in the Faroe Islands.
Projects may cover the labour market in general, or aspects relating to employees in a certain industry or field of work.
Only researchers employed at or associated with research institutes in the Faroe Islands can apply for funding. All funding must be used in the Faroe Islands, except expenses for travelling and conferences.
Funding may be granted for research:
- carried out by a Faroese researcher, or
- carried out at a Faroese research institute, and
- considered significant in a Faroese context
Funding may be granted for basic and applied research:
- PhD projects
- Research projects spanning a minimum of 6 months
Advantage is given to projects that strengthen the Faroese Research community with:
- data and lasting knowledge and skills
- cooperation between various researchers/research entities and relevant institutes/organisations
- international cooperation and mobility.
- a minimum of 1/3 of the total cost must be covered by sources other than the Research Council.
The minimum amount available to apply for is 300,000 DKK. There is no set maximum for the budget total, however, funding granted by the Research Council rarely exceeds 1 million DKK for research projects and 1.5 million DKK for PhD projects.
The total amount available for funding in 2023 is up to 2.5 million DKK.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Research Council Faroe Islands for detailed guidance.
Applications must be submitted through this application portal.
Application deadline is February 15th 2023, 12:00 noon GMT.