Funds for Research 2021
Research Council Faroe Islands receives annual funding from the Faroese government to be granted for research projects upon application.
The application deadline is February 15th 2021, 12:00 noon GMT.
Grants may be given to
- Faroese researchers and research students
- research and development at or connected to Faroese research institutes and commercial enterprises
- research and development which have significance in Faroese context.
Various types of projects can receive grants
- PhD projects
- post grad or post doc projects which span several years
- smaller projects with shorter time scales
- research projects which include industrial R&D
It is required that
- at least one third (1/3) of the total cost is funded by others than the Faroese Research Council.
It is an advantage that
- the project includes cooperation with several researchers
- the project includes cooperation between researchers, research environments and commerce
Minimum grant for projects is DKK 150,000.
There are a maximum of DKK 7.5 million available for grants in 2021.
Applications must be written in English on a special form available here. Please also read the formal requirements and the guidelines for applicants.
Applicants are advised to contact Research Council Faroe Islands for detailed guidance.
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com before the deadline.