Funds for Research 2021
Research Council Faroe Islands receives annual funding from the Faroese government to be granted for research projects upon application.
The application deadline is February 15th, 2021, 12:00 noon BST.
Grants may be given to
- Faroese researchers and research students
- research and development at or connected to Faroese research institutes and commercial enterprises
- research and development which have significance in Faroese context.
Various types of projects can receive grants
- PhD projects
- post grad or post doc projects which span several years
- smaller projects with shorter time scales
- research projects which include industrial R&D
It is required that
- at least one third (1/3) of the total cost is funded by others than the Faroese Research Council. Exceptions can be made in special cases.
It is an advantage that
- the project includes cooperation with several researchers
- the project includes cooperation between researchers, research environments and commerce
Minimum grant for projects is DKK 150,000.
The Research Council had DKK 7.5 million available for grants in 2020. The funding for 2021 has not yet been decided by the government.
New regulations for requirements related to applications will most likely be announced in autumn 2020.
Applicants are advised to contact Research Council Faroe Islands for detailed guidance.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.