The Faroese Research Foundation
The Faroese Research Foundation funds research and research driven innovation projects connected to the Faroe Islands.
The Research Foundation receives a yearly funding from the Faroese government.
Grants are given to
- Faroese researchers and research students
- research and development at or connected to Faroese research institutes and commercial enterprises
- research and development which have significance in the Faroese context.
Various types of projects can receive grants
- PhD projects
- post grad or post doc projects which span several years
- smaller projects with shorter time scales
- research project which include industrial R&D
It is required that
- at least one third (1/3) of the total cost is funded by others than the Faroese Research Council. Exceptions can be made in special cases.
It is an advantage that
- the project includes cooperation with several researchers
- the project includes cooperation between researchers, research environments and commerce
Funding through the Research Council is allocated once a year. The application deadline is mid February.